Conference attendees wishing to present the findings of their research at the conference MUST submit for review, an abstract, describing their research and findings.
- 00Days to Submit Abstract
All abstract submissions are reviewed according to the criteria outlined below. The abstract should be informative and contain the following in specific order:
- A short, descriptive title followed by the list of names of all authors
- A statement of the hypothesis or proposition (Introduction, Background or Specific Aim)
- A synopsis of the content, or statement of the methods, whichever is pertinent (Materials and Methods)
- A summary of the results obtained, if applicable
- A general statement of conclusion, if possible
- Discussion/Summary, such as a brief statement of what impact the presentation or research findings will have on the sciences and/or humanity
- A maximum of 250 words in length; abstracts should not be written in the first person
- Acknowledgements to respective schools, programs, departments, mentors, labs, etc.
- The abstract must be written in complete sentences, and abbreviations should be avoided
- The abstract should present to the reader a comprehensive idea of the study
- Typically, images and references are not included in abstracts
- Submit the abstract using the Presentation Guidelines Document
- Use the sample abstract as a guide.
- September 21, 2019